Friday, 11 April 2014

Canada Geese, Renews, NL


Yesterday, I drove to the small community of Renews, NL, to see a Great blue Heron that had been seen there lately.  However, upon my arrival I realized that the water was way too high on the tidal flats and the river too rapid for such a bird to fish in.  We had a lot of rain in the past week and with the large amounts of snow over and extended winter into a very late Spring have all culminated into a great run-off of water into our ponds and streams.  This melt-off should subside over another week or two as the warm temperatures forecasted should finally get rid of the snow, once and for all this year!
I did not see the Great Blue Heron after-all out there yesterday, but I did have nice views of the Canada Geese, and a trio of Long-tailed ducks.  Here are a few photos form yesterday's excursion.  I hope you enjoy them.  I nearly froze my fingers off waiting patiently from behind my vehicle as I was utilizing it as a blind, for these birds that are very cautious!
From the number of expelled shotgun shells lining the beach, it is little wonder why!














1 comment:

  1. Please respect that all my images are Copyright protected and are not to be taken, copied, or shared without my expressly written consent and permission!
    All my images are embedded with copyright metadata!

    ReplyDelete